Required Skills and Experience:
- Possesses technical skills necessary to carry out welding and fabrication assignments.
- Strong and proactive communication skills.
- Through understanding of and adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Must project positive and professional image to customers and co-workers.
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Must pass qualification tests as required (examples: CPR, First Aid, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding of major freight car components.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to use the AAR Field Manual.
- Demonstrated understanding of “Blue Flag Law” as it relates to railroad workers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AAR Interchange Rules and FRA Power Brake and Safety Appliance Standards.
- Constantly on feet
- Walking / carrying loads on uneven surfaces and in ballast.
- Working in ALL weather conditions.
- Working extended hours.
- Constant bending, twisting, stooping, standing and / or walking.
- Regular lifting of up to 50 pounds; loads more than 50 pounds and which can be reduced, should be made lighter.
- Employee must obtain assistance when lifting items weighing more than 75 pounds, or items which present ergonomic challenges in lifting/movement/placement.
Required Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid Commerical Driver’s License - Class A.
- Must be AWS certified.
- E-Rail Safe.
- CSX On-Track Safety.
- Other certifications will be obtained as required.
Note: Cranemasters is a 24/7 emergency service provider to the railroad industry and as such, the Car Repairman will be subject to work outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and/or holidays. Work assignments are subject to change. Shifts and hours of work are also subject to change.