Required Skills and Experience:
- Highly skilled Heavy Equipment Operator with a minimum of three years’ experience in operation of backhoe, excavator, and other heavy equipment.
- Must be capable of understanding and following directions.
- Display strong adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Must pass qualification tests as required.
- Constantly on feet
- Walking / carrying loads on uneven surfaces and in ballast.
- Working extended hours.
- Constant bending, twisting, stooping, standing and / or walking.
- Regular lifting of up to 50 pounds; loads in excess of 50 pounds and which can be reduced, should be made lighter.
- Employee must obtain assistance when lifting items weighing more than 75 pounds, or items which present ergonomic challenges in lifting/movement/placement.
- Requires significant physical stamina to perform semi-skilled and unskilled manual labor using various power and manual tools in all weather conditions.
Required Travel: Yes
Required Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License & Valid Commercial Drivers’ License - Class A
- Up-to-date D.O.T. medical card
- Preference for Equipment Operators with valid CDL and/or ability to obtain same.
- E-Rail Safe
- Ability to obtain CSX On Track Safety Certification
- Other certifications will be obtained as required.
Note: Cranemasters is a 24/7 emergency service provider to the railroad industry and as such, the Equipment Operator is subject to work outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and/or holidays.