Required Skills and Experience:
- General knowledge of railroad and related industries with an understanding of rigging, transportation, freight car repair and recovery.
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible management or supervisory experience in related industry.
- Education to include: High School Diploma, significant railroad/related supervisory/management experience and formal education as would be equal to a bachelor’s degree and three years of work experience.
- Strong communication, team building, organization, and administration skills with detail orientation to ensure smooth day to day operations and keep detailed accurate records.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Thorough understanding of and adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Must project positive and professional image to customers, co-workers, and general public.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Accepting responsibility can cause occasional stress.
- Constantly on feet.
- Walking / carrying loads on uneven surfaces and in ballast.
- Working in ALL weather conditions.
- Working extended hours.
- Answering emergency calls as needed.
- Constant bending, twisting, stooping, standing, and / or walking.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds continuously. 100 pounds intermittently.
Required Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License – Class A.
- E-Rail Safe.
- CSX, NS and other railroads or customers On-Track Safety.
- Rigging Inspection.
- Other certifications will be obtained as required.
Note: Cranemasters is a 24/7 emergency service provider to the railroad industry and as such, the Assistant Division Manager will be subject to work outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and/or holidays.