Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of five years demonstrated maintenance experience with heavy equipment and/or track/trailers/cranes, etc.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in at least two other technical areas (Including but not limited to: hydraulics, electronics, small engines, air-conditioning, and other related mechanical areas).
- Education to include: High School Diploma/GED AND trade school/or dealership/factory service training in diesel mechanical repair/maintenance that would be equivalent to an associate’s degree.
- Drive for achieving results and ability to convey a sense of urgency when appropriate.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Constant bending / twisting / stooping / walking / talking / sitting / standing / kneeling / climbing / bending / carrying materials/parts
- May work in a variety weather conditions.
- Working extended hours.
- Regular lifting of up to 50 pounds; loads in excess of 50 pounds and which can be reduced, should be made lighter.
- Employee must obtain assistance when lifting items weighing more than 75 pounds, or items which present ergonomic challenges in lifting/movement/placement.
Note: Cranemasters is a 24/7 emergency service provider to the railroad industry and as such, the Mechanic will be subject to work outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and/or holidays.
Required Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Training and experience equivalent to two years of technical/vocational school and five years of on-hands repair and maintenance of heavy equipment
- Professional certifications related to maintenance and repair of heavy equipment
- Other certifications as may be necessary for accomplishment of assigned responsibilities.