Required Skills and Experience:
- Capable of understanding and following directions.
- Display strong adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Must pass qualification tests as required.
- Constantly on feet
- Walking / carrying loads on uneven surfaces and in ballast.
- Working in ALL weather conditions.
- Working extended hours.
- Constant bending, twisting, stooping, standing and / or walking.
- Regular lifting of up to 50 pounds; loads in excess of 50 pounds and which can be reduced, should be made lighter.
- Employee must obtain assistance when lifting items weighing more than 75 pounds, or items which present ergonomic challenges in lifting/movement/placement.
Required Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License
- E-Rail Safe
- Ability to obtain CSX On Track Safety Certification
- Other certifications will be obtained as required.