Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in operating heavy equipment in a construction environment.
- Experienced in use of hand-tools, power tools and hydraulic equipment.
- Willingness to learn and be trained in the operation of specific equipment.
- Capable of understanding and following directions.
- Display strong adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Must pass qualification tests as required.
Note: Cranemasters is a 24/7 emergency service provider to the railroad industry and as such this position is subject to call-in/call-back on a 24/7 basis. In addition, this position requires that employees will work outside of their normal work hours including nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Constant bending / twisting / stooping / walking / talking / sitting / standing / kneeling / climbing / bending / carrying materials/parts
- May work in a variety weather conditions.
- Working extended hours.
- Regular lifting of up to 50 pounds; loads in excess of 50 pounds and which can be reduced, should be made lighter.
- Employee must obtain assistance when lifting items weighing more than 75 pounds, or items which present ergonomic challenges in lifting/movement/placement.
Required Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License (CLASS A CDL)
- E-Rail Safe
- Ability to obtain CSX On Track Safety Certification
- Other certifications will be obtained as required.