Responsible for service delivery for repair of railroad cars for customers of Cranemasters. Accomplish work assignments ensuring safety, efficiency, and work quality.
Cranemasters is a 24/7 emergency response provider to the railroad industry. As such, employees are subject to emergency call-out at any time. In addition, while this position is a part of the Car Repair Department, work assignments are subject to change. Shifts and hours of work are also subject to change.
- Prepares for daily work by ensuring that equipment, tools and materials are on vehicle(s) for transport to job site. Inspects vehicle prior to leaving for work assignment ensuring safety of vehicle, equipment/materials to be transported and other team members.
- Actively participates in job briefing and reinforces commitment to safety of other crew members through identification of potential areas of concern.
- Actively participates in task accomplishment as required for project completion assisting other team members as required. Ensures work completion via delivery of quality welding and fabrication for maintenance and repair of customers’ railroad cars.
- Establishes and maintains positive/professional customer and co-worker relationships throughout project.
- Upon completion of project/operations ensures that work truck supplies, equipment, materials and tools are restored to established level of cleanliness and operational condition. Re-stocks supplies for vehicles and equipment upon return to home base.
- Sorts scrap into appropriate location.
- Adheres to Cranemasters policies, procedures, and work processes.
- Performs all duties which ensure the safe, smooth, and efficient functioning of the department.
- Ensures required paperwork for various jobs is completed correctly and in a timely manner.