Required Skills and Experience:
- Possesses technical skills in operation of multiple pieces of equipment including cranes, trucks, trailers, backhoes, excavators, etc.
- Strong and proactive communication skills in order to coach/counsel employees, conduct job briefings, debriefings and communicate across the organization as necessary to improve and enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Thorough understanding of and adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Must project positive and professional image to customers, co-workers and general public.
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Must pass qualification tests as required (examples: CPR, First Aid, etc.).
- General understanding of freight car components.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand crane load charts.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of capacities and acceptable uses of various types of rigging.
- Demonstrated understanding of transportation and permitting of oversize/overweight loads.
- Accepting responsibility can cause occasional stress.
- Constantly on feet
- Walking / carrying loads on uneven surfaces and in ballast.
- Working in ALL weather conditions.
- Working extended hours.
- Constant bending, twisting, stooping, standing and / or walking.
- Regular lifting of up to 50 pounds; loads in excess of 50 pounds and which can be reduced, should be made lighter.
- Employee must obtain assistance when lifting items weighing more than 75 pounds, or items which present ergonomic challenges in lifting/movement/placement.
Cranemasters is a 24/7 emergency service provider to the railroad industry and as such, the ReRail Supervisor will be subject to work outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and/or holidays.
Required Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- E-Rail Safe.
- CSX, NS and other contractors On-Track Safety.
- Rigging Inspection.
- Other certifications will be obtained as required.